20061211

today...

so i went and look for a part time job, and it turned out sucks.

i first went into an architecture firm just across my house (i only knew it's an architecture firm when i reached there, ok? me and my sis always thought it was some kind of design studio) anyway, so i asked about having any empty graphics design seats for me as i can do design and that i just finished my SPM last week so i need to get a part time job to do. and the clerk there told me this :

"Oh, but we already have a person to do all the graphics design work for us :) "

ya, she smiled when she said this. very polite indeed :) clearly she wanted me to get out of the company right away, seeing that i'm just a 17 teenage girl. so i just thanked her and walked out, towards my next stop.

and also it didnt turn out quite well =_=

this shop sells all sorts of art tools and has graphics design services for customers too. at first the people there said :" No, we don't do design here" . only after i mentioned about my sis tellin me about the design stuff at the shop and also that i can do design, they baru told me :

" well, erm..actually we DO do designs for customers. if you really wana do u can write a letter to apply first."

letter? O.O''' I only want some simple part time design job to do and still need to apply tru letter?? swt! i asked too how long do i need to wait after i've send in the letter. n they replied that it depends on whether there'll be vacancy for the job. heck. after that i just went out, but of coz after saying thanks to her la :) i'm polite too!

so on the way home (i walked, no driving skills yet) i noticed another design studio, n i thought, great! this is wad i really want to find! a 'pure' design studio.

i saw there're cars inside, the gate was unlocked, so i just helped myself into the frontyard of the house (ya, they use the house as their workin place), saw a cat =_= n tried to open the front door but it's locked! O.o''' i peeped inside tru the window and the only thing i saw was darkness. well, not really dark, just that the light wasnt turned on nobody seemed to be inside the house. i kept on knocking on the door (the car was there n the gate was opened, there got to be someone in there for goodness sake!) but no one came to welcome me X.X only the cat i saw earlier kept licking my leg, curled itslef (didnt bother to check for its gender) around me and followed me wherever i went. had the owner of the studio being turned into that cat? now i wonder @.@

in the end, my mission of looking for a part time job failed ~.~

nevermind! there's still my cousin's architecture firm! gona ask my dad to help me get into her studio! muaha! XD

and i think i need to do some advertising here.

*ehem*

ANYONE, ANYBODY~ WHO NEEDS SOMEONE TO DESIGN SOME GRAPHICS THINGS FOR HIM/HER, PLEASE COME AND LOOK FOR ME! ONLY FOR KUCHING PEOPLE!
THANK YOU :)

contact me at tayeichi@gmail.com
n the price..we'll discuss it later :p
n TRUST on me XD

doubt that anyone would contact me X.X

9 comments:

SOn said...

looking for a job ain't easy eh? I'm sure you'll be able to do well though, you have very good artwork =)

eiChi said...

hehe..thank u, SOn-kun :) i'll do my best to get a part time job, or else i'll be rotten after this holiday X.X

GeminiGeek said...

I believe that is not HOW you can do designing as your part time. As I know, for most company that needed a designers, they will either hire a fulltime, or a freelancer.

I believe you should work on a mini-portfolio, for your future clients to look at some of your example work.

Good luck :)

eiChi said...

miniportfolio? ya, i did them. but maybe yea, they want either a fulltime or a freelancer one. oh well, just need to ask from my cousin :p

eiChi said...

but my sis pernah worked part time before at an architecture firm too :) n they gav her to deisgn the Plaza Walk at Sarawak Plaza there, where now u guys can eat KFC or Coffee Bean :)

Mr. Goober said...

well, with your abilities to draw and design, i'd advice you to bring ur samples to be shown when u visit these places.

perhaps, a write in to other places while you're still visiting others :)

eiChi said...

i'd done my portfolio ^.^'' just that they shooed me awat before i can even show them.

GeminiGeek said...

Hmm... is that when your sis got her qualification, or after SPM?

eiChi said...

err...when she's still in her diploma i think..cant remember :p