20060624

i love my name :)




i know. i'm bored.

just finished doing two sets of Bio and Physics papers (2 months to pra, must study hard lah~!) so i made these..erm..small pics of my name..as a way of killing my leisure time.

tat's my chinese name (duh~) for those hu cant read chinese, it's pronounced as "yi qi"..almost the same as 'itchy' lah..same goes to my english name. it's not 'i-chi' but 'e-chi'.

funny. i used to hate my name alot, both chinese n english, n admired my sis's name coz hers got the 'ling' init. 'ling' sounds more sweet for girls bah~ while mine.."chi"..it just felt weird last time.

my frens always make fun of my name (now they still do), calling me 'itchy', 'monkey', 'penguin', 'ice-cream' etc etc etc..they r just too creative

n thn my relatives now still call me 'ah-piao'...i got this family nickname since..when i was a toddler tat just started to understand words n speak other thn 'gugu-gaga'. it all started when my aunts kept playing me by asking me the same question over n over again....they asked me : " chi, wad's ur surname?". in chinese, it's like this, : "淇,你姓什么?"
well...being a young n innocent kid tat time, i'd mistaken "姓" to "信" as they got almost the same pronounciation. "信" can means either trust or letter. in this case, i chose the second meaning, n interpreted the whole question into sth like this :" chi, something something letter something." so i thought, hmm..letter..we need stamp to mail a letter, so i just happily replied "票" ('piao'..it means stamp in chinese)
i was called 'a-piao' eversince. so much of my creativity.

anyway, back to my name. so i used to hate it, n tried very hard to think of other name for myself. maybe..Christine! (don ask me, i duno why i chose this) so there was once i used to put this name infront of my real name, till i was questioned by my mum n grew tired of it. after tat, i saw my sis got herself a pen-name "EL-Dino", which she had used until now. so i 'copy and paste' her name to suit mine, by changing it to "EC-Pino".......yaya~ go ahead n laugh. i know u want to - ____ - so erm..i only used this crappy 'pen-name' until primary 6.

after going into form 1, i was oledy get used to ppl calling me 'itchy'. so my 'name' at tat time was 'itchy' :) i wrote it on my books, used it as my friendster name, print the name out n paste it on my calculator....yaya~ i was so happy tat time, until sumtime during the end of form 3, where i really wanted to get myself a permanent 'pen-name'...but i wasnt able to think of any good one, so i played wif my real name for a while, n tada~ a cool name appeared!! eiChi!!! it's unique, it sounds n looks like a japanese name, it owez confused ppl to think tat i was actually a guy but not a girl n from japan! LOL~!
eversince i started usin this, i found myself loving my name more n more. many ppl told me it's so cool whenever they see it n sum still doubting it, thinking tat i made this name out when i told them eiChi is indeed, my real name!

besides, i also started to love my real full name too. 'tayeichi'. again, many msn frens were fooled when i told them i was a japanese living in kuching! haha!! oo~ i'm so bad~ XD

i really really really wana thnx my parents for giving me such a unique n pretty cool name :) scold me if u want for appreciate my own name onli just a few yrs ago. hiakz~

eiChi will be my 'pen-name' forever. look out for a brand named eiChi or a brand tat is created n designed by eiChi in the future. (or maybe i'll work together with my sis!)

ooh~ i love my real name XD






No comments: