20060923

I WON THE 3rd PRIZE IN THE STATE LEVEL DRAWING COMPETITION!!!!

organized by the Sarawak Tourism Board and also LimKokWing Uni + duno wad Galleria near my house one. WoOt!!!

do you know wad the prizes are?? 50% FREE SCHOLARSHIP FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN AT LIMKOKWING + RM500 + A TROPHY + A CERT!!!!! :D

Nyahahahahahahahahahahahaha~!!!

the first prize one r even better!!! FULL scholarship at Limkokwing + RM2000 + A trophy + a free trip to Mulu Cave!! :D

i know i know, it'd be better if i got the first prize. but oh~!! i'm so damn happy oledy!!! haha!

r u prepared to hear my story now? :p

ok, it started with a phone call i received last Friday.

XX : " hello, may i speak to Tay Ei Chi plz?"
me : "Ei Chi speaking"
XX : " oh, we're calin from the Galleria n would like to inform u tat the prize giving ceremony will take place next Sat, 23 of Nov, 7.00pm at Holiday Inn."
me : " ok. thnx. n erm..we'll only know the result by tat day izit?"
XX : " yes."
me : " ok, thank u v much."

so i'd been very nervous for a week. bcoz it's not easy to get the first prize u know? as u duno the taste of the judges and i'm competiting with all the other 14 art elites from around Sarawak! O.o'''

anyway, all the winning entries were being exhibited just outside the dining room, so i know wad i got already b4 entering the room. n i felt SO relieved :D at least i got a top 3 (my other frens from GRSS all got consolation prize, congrats to u all!! :D )

the first prize was won by my art fren who is from Sibu :) her name is Xiao duno wad oledy (dang, i owez forgotten her name T_T) anyway, i was so happy when i saw her just now, it's like, meeting an old fren! we owez met each other during the past years state level drawing competition organized by the government, let me see...since primary 6? haha! n it's either she's the champion or me! haha~ couldnt believe it when i see her just now! n yep~~ congrats to her man~~! i really felt so happy for her XD but she told me she still ragu-ragu of whether or not going to study at LimKokWing. well, hope she'll make a good decision soon :D

a guy from Bintulu won the second prize :) n he's a chinese, same age, very TALL n ooh~~ i like his style!!! Hip Hop man!!! haha!! n i was really amazed by his poster too!! O.o''' very shock!! he's the only one to use JUST colour pencils to finish his whole A3 size poster O.O'''' OMG!!! he'd drawn n coloured out every single detail n lines everywhere but the poster still looks very NEAT!! Sugoi~!! i really admire this guy!!! if u wan me to choose a poster tat really makes me kagum alot, i'll choose his. REALLY!!! SUGOI DES!!! (^_^)

me n my dad also did some observation on the posters exhibited there, n found out tat i'm the only one who used the graphic/abstract style for my poster. the others? still the same old realistic one. so i'm also feelin very proud tat, hey~! look! my style is different from all of ya! hehehe~~(*^_^*)

i'm feelin very happy not only becoz of the prize i got, but also tat i'd made quite a lot of new frens!!!! weee~~~ they gathered all the contestants to sit at a side with 5 tables, max 6 person each. so i took my seat, look around...my frens were sitting at the other table....aiyah, nvm lah, just sit there with strangers lah. at first they were so shy with each other (i was waiting for them to tok first) but in the end, i had to broke the silence by asking them where r they come from. n i'm so happy tat i started a conversation first, bcoz after tat, nearly all 4 of us at tat table went crazy n keep chatting non stop. esp the Batu Lintang form 3 gal named Elaine. she's so cute n easy-going n i found tat both of us are very 'ngam'! haha! this Elaine arr, also not bad orr~ she's the champion in the 12-15 yrs old category one * clap clap!!!* while the other gals r Chun Yan (or sth lidat, oso from BtLintang, same class with Elaine, got 3rd prize oso) , Chun Yan's sis (consolation prize) n Qian Ying (she's from Chung Hua Miri, form 2, got consolation prize oso) . i'm so darn happy tat i chose tat seat just now, coz when i looked at the other tables, the contestants from diff schools were just sitting there, u look at me i look at u, silence....

however, it's too bad tat i didnt get to ask for their hp numbers or email add. coz after the prize giving ceremony we (the top 3 for each category) were asked to stay back to take sum photos with our artwork. Elaine went back just after her photo session was done. *sob sob* she's so cute...hope i can still meet her in the future :) but i get to tok to the Bintulu guy b4 the photo shooting :P

me : hai~ u're the guy tat get the second prize right?
him: ya...
me : congrats to u (^.^) i ask u sth ar..u just used colour pencils for ur poster izit?
him: ya...just colour pencils...
me : wow!!! me really admire u leh!! ur drawing very complicated n detailed!! how long did it take u to fin it?
him: err...2 weeks...
me : O.O''' i really admire u...got patience..
.

after tat, i exchanged email add with my Sibu fren (she's just sooo sweeet, doesnt look like a form 5 gal at all!) ..thn took photos with her....hope she'll send me the photos soon so tat i can post them up here ^.^

oklah, i think tat's all lah...*nooo~~ i still got lots to say~!!!* but it's getting late n i wana start my transformation into a panda liaw. STUDY~~!!! sis sed must study hard n get good results first b4 i can say study at Singapore's Unis =___=

*sorry for the many broken english in this post though :p*

10 comments:

AG said...

hey congratulations for the win!

AG said...

hey congratulations for the win!

AG said...

hey congratulations for the win!

AG said...

hey congratulations for the win!

AG said...

oops. i like totally spammed you. sorry, my computer went beserk. :P

eiChi said...

hahaha~! hai~ an gee~! :D

it's ok u know? the spamming i mean, coz me myself oso like spamming so much!!! XD

anyway, THANK YOU~~~ *flying kiss*

TanPuiWen said...

eh wait. i did post comment.why din appear one.

eiChi said...

eh? izit? nvm~~ :) as long as i know tat u meant to congratulate me, muahahaha :P

thank u~~

Shyang said...

inspirations come everywhere...when acid meet alkali,when barium sulphate burn nicely in the flame..art is everywhere..jus depends on how u c it..how many As in ur cert can somehow show a very nice motif..er..in a way..haha..good la..

go for ur dreams!support!

eiChi said...

u got a point there..n i'll take ur advice..aiyah~~ maybe u can be my chemistry tutor lah~~since u like it so much :p