20061223

of anime and manga

suddenly i wana blog about anime and manga. how it has changed my life, my attitude, the way i think and so much more.

most people see anime as an ordinary cartoon show just like any other, for eg. spongebob squarepants. well, warui na (japanese, meaning 'sorry') but anime is NOT like spongebob squarepants or Tom & Jerry or Dextor's Lab, where it's more about humor.

anime is japanese animation, a form of animation that is very unique from the western's cartoons. moreover there's a strong storyline behind every anime, and the main character will slowly develop throughout the whole series, following the storyline planned. this is a good thing about anime, because we viewers get to learn sth from the main character or characters when they are 'growing', as in mentally, inside the anime. moral values can be found almost in every anime. friendship, determination, justice and many more. some anime even teach us about the value of life, and one must work hard in order to get the equivalent reward. for instance, FullMetal Alchemist or Hagane no Renkinjutsushi. i must say that this is the BEST anime that has ever shown in this world. this anime series has taught me many many things..after watching this anime, it makes me think more clearly about life and death, and the beliefs of equivalent trade (google Fullmetal alchemist, i'm not going to summarise the anime here) ... in short, anime makes ppl happy and mature at the same time, whereas cartoons only make ppl happy.

it was my cousin who has influnced me into watching anime and reading manga. i still remember i was in Form 2, my cousin used to hang around at my house and he would watch the animes that were shown on AXN. as it was holiday and i had nothing to do, so i watched together with him. the anime was Ranma 1/2 (now is still a very popular series among the otakus) and slowly i got addicted to it. thn i began to watch more anime like Rurouni Kenshin, Rave, Vandread etc. meanwhile, when my cousin saw my enthusiams for animes, he also began telling me more info about the animes. the latest ones, the coolest ones, the more indepth story of certain animes, etc etc. so can say that my cousin is my 'si fu' in the wolrd of anime.

at first my family was against me watching anime. 'useless stuff' they would say, esp my sis :p i remember once when i wana watched Ranma 1/2, she suddenly scolded me to not watch that anime anymore as it's 'a waste of time', thn asked me why o why do i like anime so much. she also used to scold me for drawing anime like people or characters. she'd say it looks not real at all. long legs, big eyes, long hands, shiny or spiky hair...blablabla. but still, i didnt care about what my sis told me :p i continue to watch anime and draw manga/anime like characters until now.

besides, for me, anime is also my savior. why do i say so? because it had brought back my passions to draw and colour. when i started high school, i just didnt know why but i slowly felt tired of drawing and joining art competitions. there're quite some art competitions that i'd missed due to my lack of passions init. i drew less and less....and was aware that my drawing skills were sumhow 'deteriorating' during that time. thn suddenly anime and manga appeared in my life. i was captivated by the detailed drawings and sketches in the manga, n the wonderful colours inside the anime. and so again, my passion for art was reborn~~ muahahahahahaha~~

sometimes the animes i'd watched also help me alot in my story writing skills. i always get ideas from the anime i'd watched, how the characters in my essay develop, how should the storyline goes...how this and that...n often that my stories come out good :) some of my classmates had asked me last time, that how come i always write good stories during examination (mostly chinese one) n what are my strategies. i just replied them:" hehe..i just got all those story ideas from the animes i watched :p" well..it's the truth :p :p :p

watching anime also gives me the chance to learn one more language, that is, Japanese. although i only know some basics japanese, like the greetings, some nouns, verbs...words use to scold ppl XD etc etc. hey! not bad ne? at least now i can watch anime without any subtitles. i did once when i watched the FullMetal Alchemist movie. the one i downloaded doesnt hav any subtitles i all, but i managed to understand it anyway :p muahahaha~! but still, i went to read the summary of the movie in the internet after that, just to make sure =_=''' so now sumtimes at school or even at home, i'll just speak japanese without knowing. like when i'm annoyed i'll just mutter "mah taku" (i duno how to spell it, but it sounds tat way) meaning sth like "shit"...well..sth lidat :p it's just like Japanese is part of me now. don't believe u can just my onee-chan(sis) :p

well, i think this is it for now, about me and anime :) it's evening and later gona go out with my parents. so i'll just stop here. before i go, i'll list out all the animes i'd watched and also sum recommended ones :p

the one with * are the recommended ones

watched animes:
- FullMetal Alchemist ***
- XXX Holic
- Vandread
- Ranma 1/2 *
- Tsubasa Chronicles Season 1 and 2 **
- Gakuen Alice
- Rurouni Kenshin **
- Ayashi no Ceres
- Rave
- Galaxy Angel

watching :
- BLEACH *** (only recommend the manga)
- DeathNote**
- D.Gray-Man
- Busou Renkin
- The Law of Ueki

hmm..had i missed out any animes? there're still alot out there. but i havn got the time to watch them all :)

anyway, just wana say tat, anime has really enlightened my life alot. ANIME RULZZZ~ :D

3 comments:

SOn said...

reading deathnote makes u smart like L!!! xD

Anonymous said...

YES I AGREE WITH THIS POST 100%

eiChi said...

@son: hell yeah~! haha! that author is really a GENIUS. can create GENIUSES like L n Light!

@Faye: HIGH FIVE!!! XD